These high-quality, portable Collapsible Bunds are generally used to store liquid containers or equipment to ensure the capture of leaks and spills. Collapse one wall to drive in and out. Easy to move, quick to deploy and reusable. Also known as a spill berm and spill bund, they are designed for use in a variety of spill containment and chemical containment needs common in mining, oil & gas or industrial applications. Available in standard sizes or custom sized, a portable spill bund is ideal as temporary bunding or for a permanent operation in compliance with AS 1940.
COLLAPSIBLE BUND STANDS ARE TOUGH AND STRONG
Manufactured with a strong and durable stand design which can easily be folded and deployed. The stands are made with a durable marine grade batten to provide exceptional flexibility and strength. These battens ensure even if the bund were to fill completely, it would maintain its structure and hold the liquid. Stands can be driven over if the wall of the spill bund is collapsed. For added protection simply cover the folded down bund wall with a material such as an extra sheet of PVC.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE OF COLLAPSIBLE BUND
Typically a bund is sized due to capacity requirement or to fit the contents stored in the bund. Think about the footprint. The portable bund will be 1m wider and 1m longer than the internal measurement. A ground mat will require a little more space to the bund footprint. Remember to leave space to:
- Walk around what is stored inside the collapsible bund if necessary.
- Fold down a wall for forklift loading the bund.
- Give cranes ample clearance to drop in contents.
- Open doors (such as a container door which swings out in a semi circle).
- Attach hoses to equipment or vehicles inside the spill bund.
- Add a pump for draining the liquid containment bund.
- Servicing area for vehicles and heavy machinery
- Decanting station chemical containment
- Temporary bunding for plant & equipment which have may have a spill risk
- Bunded storage of IBCs, drums, ISO tanks, shipping containers, equipment or anything that might leak or spill
- Wash down bays
- Drive on and drive off fuel transfer areas
- Manufactured using heavy duty 900gsm PVC or 1,020gsm XR-5 geomembrane
- Strong material resistant to punctures, tears, abrasions
- Resistant to UV and temperature extremes
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Easy to set up and take down
- Easy to clean
- Drive in and out – simply collapse a wall to drive in or out of the bund
- Reusable when kept in good repair, properly cleaned and properly stored
- Stores compactly when not in use (storage bags available)
- Heavy duty 900gsm PVC (red)
- 300mmH sidewalls
Accessories and Options
Available in a range of standard sizes or specify custom fabrication
Upgrade to XR-5 for durability and and increased chemical resistance
- Drain port
Provides pump out access of spilled liquids or rain water (a solid bund is the safest approach)
- Ground mat
Increase longevity and protect against punctures on rough surfaces
Added protection against punctures or harsh chemicals
- Repair kit
Keeps you operating in the case of a puncture or small tear
- Carry bag
Makes it easier to move and store the bund (carry bags suitable to lift on fork)
Suggested Size by Application
|Internal Dimension (m)
|1.2 x 1.2
|2 IBCs / 2 Pallets
|2.4 x 1.2
|4 IBCs / 4 pallets
|2.4 x 2.4
|6 x 3
|ISO tank / 20’ Container
|8 x 4
|15 x 3.6
|18 x 4
Step by Step Installation with Ground Mat and Liner
Driving into a Collapsible Bund
Truck driving into collapsible bund